Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's A Little Distressing

This morning I was determined to get back into the swing of things by going to the gymnasium. Although, to be honest, when the alarm went off, I wasn't so sure of that decision. However, I got up and headed off to workout with Drew.

We did a quick 5 minutes on the treadmill as a warm-up. I just jogged slowly at speed 5.5 on the treadmill in order to wake-up my muscles before I made them lift a bunch of heavy things. We then headed over to the weight room and I did the same workout that I had done over the weekend.

Dumbbell Bench Press: 2 sets of 15 reps @ 15 lbs (per arm)
Lat Pulldown (wide grip): 1 set of 15 reps @ 60 lbs / 1 set of 12 reps @ 60 lbs
Leg Press: 2 sets of 15 reps @ 90 lbs
Dumbbell Pullovers: 1 set of 15 reps @ 15 lbs / 1 set of 15 reps @ 20 lbs
Barbell Curls: 1 set of 20 reps @ 20 lbs / 1 set of 15 reps @ 25 lbs
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 sets of 15 reps @ 10 lbs (per arm)
Crunches: 2 sets of 15 reps


I felt a lot better with the workout today than I had on Saturday. I think part of that was that I knew what the exercises were this time around. Drew suggested that I try to make "Day 1" of each week of this plan over the weekend so that I have a little bit more time to figure things out.

After doing the lifting for today, we headed over to do some cardio. I asked Drew what he was going to do and he said the Arc Trainer. I just do not see the appeal of that machine. But, when I told him that I was going to do the Elliptical, he said that he'd join me! So, we found two machines side-by-side and went on our ways. I did a random hill setting on level 8, which, if I'm honest, was mostly pretty easy. It didn't prevent me from working up a sweat though! I will tell you that it's a little distressing to work out for 30 minutes and only go 1.04 miles when you're not swimming.

I also have been contemplating joining New York Road Runners and then signing up for some of their shorter races over the winter. I'm hoping that will give me some motivation to keep running and also help me out in advance of my half-marathon in March!

Warm-Up
Distance: 0.44 Miles
Time: 5:00
Pace: 11:21/mile
Calories: 52
Maximum HR: 168
Average HR: 153

Weight Lifting
Time: 32:38
Calories: 232
Maximum HR: 152
Average HR: 124

Elliptical
Distance: 1.04 Miles
Time: 30:00
Pace: 28:50/mile
Calories: 284
Maximum HR: 168
Average HR: 153

No comments:

Post a Comment