Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Everything Is In My Bag

Today after work I was planning on finishing up my weight lifting for the week. I was originally thinking that I would have to go home to change clothes before heading to the gym, but then I realized that from working out with Laura this morning, I already had everything I needed in my bag, so I saved myself a trip home and was able to go straight to the gym.

I got there and changed clothes. The only snag was that this morning in the hot tub, I wore a pair of bikini bottoms and my sports bra, so since it was still quite wet, I just wore my regular one. Luckily I was just doing weight lifting, so it wasn't anything too sweaty I had planned.

These are the weights that I did:

Dumbbell Bench Press: 2 sets of 15 @ 20 lbs
Lat Pulldown: 2 sets of 15 @ 60 lbs
Leg Press: 2 sets of 15 @ 110 lbs
Dumbbell Pullovers: 2 sets of 15 @ 20 lbs
Barbell Curls: 2 sets of 15 @ 30 lbs
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 sets of 15 @ 12.5
Crunches: 2 sets of 15

I did all of the arm weights, except the shoulder presses before doing the leg press. When I went over to the leg press machine, there was a guy using it. I had to wait a minute or two for him to finish up, which I was okay with, since I felt like my arms were too tired to continue and finish up the last weights. I also was really happy when the guy finished with the leg press machine, he asked me if I wanted him to take off any of the weight he had been lifting. I said no and then went ahead and added weight! He was lifting 90 pounds and I wanted to lift 110. I know it is only 20 pounds difference, but I felt pretty good about that.

I then went and finished up with the shoulder presses. I really only wanted to lift 10 pounds because my arms were so tired already, but apparently there is only one 10 pound weight at the gym, so I could lift 7.5 or 12.5 and I went ahead and chose the heavier weight. I thought that there was no way I'd finish the first set, let alone the second one, but somehow I managed to do both. I was really struggling at the end, but I did it!

Next week has some new exercises in the plan, so I'm thinking that maybe I'll try to go on Sunday to have a bit more time to get the swing of things instead of trying to rush on Monday before work. We'll see how things go.

Time: 27:17
Calories: 169
Maximum HR: 147
Average HR: 117

No comments:

Post a Comment