Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fitness & Fashion

Obviously, fashion leaves something to be desired in the world of triathlon ... all that spandex!  Case in point:

 

In case you're wondering, that's me being a running ninja.  I think I do a pretty good job.  I mean, for someone in spandex wearing a Fuel Belt, that is. 

So, I recently stumbled across Katie's blog and when I was reading some older posts, I found out that she had recently completed a 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge.  Immediately, I was intrigued by this idea and couldn't stop thinking about what I would do if I was forced to choose 10 items of clothing to wear for 30 days.  I have to tell you, once you start thinking about it, it really makes you reevaluate your clothes and what is important!  I really wanted to do it, but was a little afraid to bite the bullet, especially with the changing seasons.  However, I'm committing to it and I'm starting tomorrow. 

So, consider yourselves forewarned. If you're not interested in reading about it, you can scroll over those parts for the next 30 days.  I'll still be writing about all the normal marathon training stuff as well!  

The basic rules:
* Select 10 items of clothing from your wardrobe to wear for one month.
* The challenge does not apply to workout clothes, undergarments and pajamas.
* If there is a special event, you get a bye.
* Get creative with the accessories that you use - fun shoes, jewelry, belts, etc.
* Photograph each outfit of the day to see the evolution of the 10 pieces over the course of the month.
* Do not spend any money on new articles of clothing during the challenge. 

My 10 Items:
1.   Jeans
2.   Black pants
3.   Grey skirt
4.   Black mini skirt





5.   Blue long-sleeved sweater
6.   Green turtleneck
7.   Black short-sleeved sweater
8.   Black long-sleeved sweater
9.   Grey t-shirt




10. Purple long-sleeved shirt









Obviously, my cat thinks that she should be wearing these clothes too!

I'm doing this challenge with two exceptions.  First, there is a decent chance I'll need new running shoes during these 30 days.  I will be buying them if that's the case.  Under no circumstances will I be sacrificing marathon training for the wardrobe challenge.  Second, I'm giving myself one bye.  Drew's parents are coming to visit in the middle of October.  I don't know our plans yet, but if we end up going to dinner at a fancy place, I'm giving myself a bye for that.  Other than those two things, the ten items above are going to be what I'm wearing from September 20 - October 19! 

Hopefully I can find some good and interesting combinations that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.  It turns out I have a lot of jewelry that I tend to forget about and not wear, so I'm looking forward to that.  I'm also thinking that on October 20, I'll be quite excited to see my full wardrobe again!  It seems like a fun experiment and really makes me think about my own spending habits on clothing in particular.  Hope you all don't mind that I'm doing something non-fitness related here. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you are doing this! :) I think you will learn a lot about your style and spending habits. I love your ten selections!

    ReplyDelete