Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Even Sissies Can Do 4

This morning I managed to set my alarm for 5:05 PM instead of 5:05 AM.  Even though Drew had a conference call that he took from bed at 5:00, he didn't talk a whole lot, so I manged to sleep until he hung up around 5:30.  We both got up and Drew headed off to the gym and I went out for a run.  I was a little late to meet the Terriers, but I was fine skipping the fartlek workout they had planned!  

As we were walking out the door, Drew asked how far I had to go today.  I told it was just 4 miles.  His response?  "Even sissies can do 4".  With that in mind, I started my watch and set off on my run!  (However, I'd like to note that he did not go running with me).  I had to wear a long-sleeved shirt today because I keep having some arm chafing issues wearing short-sleeved shirts.  This chafing isn't an issue on these shorter runs, but Saturday's 15 miles sort-of did my arms in and I'm trying to let them heal.  The only thing I like about this arm chafing is that it must mean that I'm actually moving my arms like I'm supposed to be doing!

It is a little bit funny to be outside for such a short amount of time.  I definitely saw a bunch of my teammates out there running and I have to say that it looked like they were working a lot harder than I was.  I didn't really see them until I got down to the Lower Loop of the Park and once I saw them, I just kept telling myself over and over, "run like Spencer is watching" because I know I concentrate on my form more when he's around. 

I happened to be reading Caitlin's blog about her marathon training and she mentioned that she didn't hit 30 mile weeks when she was training in January until very close the the marathon.  I am so intrigued by this because I've already had two 30+ mile weeks, with six more to come (including this week).  I think it's good to know that she finished her marathon with her plan, so I'm hopeful I'll have the same result with even more miles under my belt! 

Running
Time: 44:18
Distance: 4.15 miles
Pace: 10:40/mile

And, here's today's outfit (Day 2):


I asked Drew if he wanted to be in the photo too, and he said yes.  He said if he'd known, he would have dressed up a bit more.  I'm wearing the black mini skirt, green turtleneck, black tights, black high-heeled Mary Janes and a belt.  I'll admit, once I had been thinking about doing this challenge, I went out and bought the belt.  But it was only $10.  And I'll definitely wear it after the challenge.  Technically, I didn't break any challenge rules of buying things, but I probably went against the spirit.  Today's jewelry: same diamond earrings as yesterday.  I'll work on that later this week, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. You're no sissy! Way to get up and go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the belt and the tights! I think it is so cute that Drew wanted to be in the picture too :)

    ReplyDelete