Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Refuse To Lose

So, I took an unplanned rest day on Thursday. All I can say is that life got in the way. We were out really late on Thursday and I had gotten too little sleep to get up and go to the gym at 6 AM (as it was, I only got 4 hours of sleep before going to work). Except I just couldn't let myself go two days in a row without a workout, so all day at work today I convinced myself that I would head to the gym right after work.

I went home, changed clothes and went to the gym right away. I hopped on a computerized spin bike and spun my heart out as hard as I could. I did the Endurance Program, Level 10. I really pushed the resistance as hard as I could while keeping it in the cadence range that the program tells you. It wasn't easy, that's for sure.

While I was biking, a girl got on the computerized spin bike next to me and set up a program for 20 minutes. Except that she got off after only 8 minutes. I have to say that I was a little disappointed that she didn't stick around for the entire program, since I had told myself that once she got off I'd only have 15 more minutes to go. Her leaving early threw me all off!

When I was walking home from the gym, I saw a girl wearing a Nike "Refuse to Lose" shirt:


I see now after some quick Google research that this seems to be some sort of University of Kentucky thing, but at the time, I was thinking that the slogan was probably for a game or a race, but on this particular girl, it looked like she meant "refuse to lose the weight". I realize that this sounds pretty harsh, but sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when they get dressed!

Spin Bike
Time: 57:04
Distance: 17.00 miles
Pace: 17.87 MPH
Calories: 547
Maximum HR: 171
Average HR: 155

No comments:

Post a Comment