Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Day In The Saddle

I can't believe I'm already done with one week of Half-Ironman training. Only 19 more weeks until the race! Here is the workout schedule for Week 2 (click to enlarge):


Of course, since on today's schedule it says run and swim, I started out with a bike ride. I gotta tell you, my rear end is getting better after all this biking, but it's still not super excited to sit down when I first get on my bike. I figure if I just keep making myself get on the bike, I'll hopefully just get used to it over time.

When I checked the weather, my telephone said that it was 52. I'm still not sure I've figured out dressing for the bike quite yet, so I wore tights, shorts and two long-sleeved shirts. I think I would have been okay if the weather had actually been 52, but instead it was 60 and super sunny and I was getting pretty hot after only biking for about 10 minutes. I stopped and took off one of my shirts and tied it around my waist. After that I felt just about perfect. I probably could have done without the tights, but getting them off was too much of a production, so I suffered through it.

There was a race in Central Park today, but I didn't think it would interfere too much with what I had planned. I rode to the Park, and then did Harlem Hill repeats. I rode the Hill 4 times and then headed for home. I know that these shorter rides might not seem like a lot and really, they're probably not in the scheme of things, but I figure that any time that I can just get my butt in the saddle and ride isn't a waste of time. All of these little things add up and while I know I still need to work on longer rides and longer runs, I think I am pretty much on par with some of the other workouts for this week in terms of bike riding.

Biking
Time: 59:25
Distance: 11.75 Miles
Pace: 11.87 MPH
Calories: 446
Maximum HR: 165
Average HR: 142

No comments:

Post a Comment