Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is It Raining?

This morning I woke up bright and early and headed off to the Terrier run. I will say that I chose a new alarm on my phone and set it on the dresser so I'd have to actually get up to turn it off, which might have been part of the reason that I actually managed to get up and out of bed even earlier than I needed to!

When I left the apartment at 5:40 AM, it was 63 degrees outside. I wore shorts and a t-shirt, which is an awesome change from all those other winter clothes! Of course, that meant that lots of my teammates thought that it'd be a good idea to join in the run this morning. I think that there were about 50 people there, which is probably twice the size that I'm used to seeing! But, the more the merrier.

We did our normal strides and drills and then headed off for a tempo run. I forgot to keep track of how many strides we did exactly, so no additional mileage there today. For the tempo run, I decided to run from 72nd Street north up to the 102nd Street Transverse and then down the Westside and home.

I have to tell you, I'm still not used to this heat. I know that a couple more times and I'll be back into the swing of things, but I was sweating like crazy this morning. So much, in fact, that I actually thought it was raining because it was dripping off my head and hitting my arms randomly. I guess it's good to know that I'm working out.

I will say that today's run wasn't as much my favorite as some of the other ones have been recently. I don't know if it was the heat or lack of sleep (I was up late babysitting for my cousins who were visiting), but today I didn't love running like I have been recently. I'm not too worried, it'll come back, I'm sure of that!

Running
Time: 57:53
Distance: 5.80 miles
Pace: 9:58/mile
Calories: 670
Maximum HR: 185
Average HR: 173

No comments:

Post a Comment