Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Swim: Cancelled Run: Game On

This morning I had planned to go swimming again with Laura, but she was up really late working, so she had to cancel our plans. When I woke up and figured that out, I thought I'd just go back to sleep instead of getting up to go running. Which meant that I had to go running after work. I actually was okay with that since I found my Road ID, so that meant that I'd feel better about running in the park.

The weather wasn't too bad today - about 40 when I went running, but there were some really gusty winds that cooled things off. I wore tights, shorts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt and my windbreaker. Plus gloves and a hat. When I first started, I was a tiny bit warm, but as I went on, I ended up being just right.

I ran from home to the park and then went from the bottom of the park up to the New York Road Runners headquarters in order to pick up my t-shirt and number for the Run for Haiti on Saturday. It's a 4 mile race and the proceeds go to the Haiti earthquake victims. So, I ran the the headquarters (2.5 miles) and picked up my stuff. I had figured that the t-shirt would be long-sleeved and I could just tie it around my waist on the way home. Except that it was short-sleeved instead. Since I didn't really feel like carrying it while I ran home, I tied it in a knot around my wrist and that worked out perfectly.

I started running back home and by the time I got to the end of the park (2.0 miles), I really wanted to keep going and do the 5 miles total, but I just couldn't face running on the sidewalks and running through pedestrian traffic for that extra half mile. I really love New York City, but sometimes I just want to punch pedestrians in the face. This is not a good attitude to have, especially when tired and hungry, so I decided just to walk home from the park.

This week has been pretty bad in terms of keeping up with my mileage, I know. The good news is that the weird pain I was having on the side of my leg seems to be better now, so I'm glad I didn't run and chance aggravating it more. As of right now, my plan is to do this 4 mile Run for Haiti on Saturday and do a nice long run on Sunday and call it a week. I'm not going to stress out about this. I've done really well all the other weeks and I think I can take a slightly more restful week this week. I'll get myself back on track next week!

Running
Time: 45:59
Distance: 4.50 miles
Pace: 10:10/mile
Calories: 566
Maximum HR: 204
Average HR: 172

1 comment:

  1. No worries about your mileage- you'll make it up. Have fun at your 4 mile run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete