Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The 500 Calorie Run

Well, this morning I ended up sleeping in a bit (Drew headed off to the gym before I did), which was quite nice. I got to the gym and actually felt rested and ready to run. Although part of my excitement could have been due to the fact that I didn't really have to run that far today. Even better than that, I didn't have to do any drills, intervals, etc. All I had to do was run.

Over the past few times I've been running, I've been noticing that I burn about 125 calories per mile. So, I told myself that I'd cover up the miles/time on the treadmill and I'd just count the calories on my watch. I knew that when I got to 500 calories I'd be pretty close.

So, it turns out that today I felt like being an overachiever when it comes to calorie burning, so when I looked at 500 calories and wasn't quite done yet, I was really tempted to just get off the treadmill and be done. (In self defense, the plan does say 3-4 miles for today. Technically it would have been okay). However, I know that every quarter mile extra I can do now it'll just make it that much easier on race day. So, I sucked it up and finished up strong for a total of 4 miles.

Tomorrow is going to be a really big day for me ... I think I'll be doing my longest ever run so far!

Running

Time: 39:11
Distance: 4.00 miles
Pace: 9:47/mile
Calories: 531
Maximum HR: 192
Average HR:180

No comments:

Post a Comment