Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Green Shirt Day

Welcome to February! I'm trying to start the month off on the right foot, so I actually got up and went to the gym to do something other than running today. I got some new workout clothes over the weekend (on sale, of course) and when I got to the gym, I realized that both Drew and I were wearing green shirts. We'll have to be sure to coordinate again on March 17.

I did something that I haven't done in a really long time. Rode a bicycle. Okay, not a real bike, a computerized spin bike. I have to say, I wasn't 100% comfortable sitting in that saddle, but it wasn't too bad. Thank goodness for bike shorts!

Last night I started working on laying out my half-Ironman training plan and I started realizing just how much of a time commitment this is going to be and I figured that I should have some sort of biking base to grow on once my training starts in earnest. The plan as it stands now is going to have to have some tweaking to fit into my life and hopefully along with the Terrier workouts, but it's good to have an idea of the time that I'll be spending each week.

Nothing about today's ride was particularly eventful or noteworthy. I pretty much just picked a resistance and kept my cadence up around 80 the whole time while I read my book. Not a horrible start to the morning as it wasn't too difficult (but it was still really sweaty!). I'm really glad that I got up today and went to the gym, especially since I won't be making it Wednesday morning due to an eye doctor appointment before work, so this seems like a really good way to try to fulfill some of my goals for the month.

Spin Bike
Time: 48:11
Distance: 17.20 miles
Pace: 21.42 MPH (average)
Calories: 435
Maximum HR: 157
Average HR: 143
17.2 miles biking

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Liked your swimming pool list! Which half ironman are you doing? I'm training for my first one, Mooseman, in June.

    ReplyDelete