Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Quick Recovery Run

This morning Drew and I had both set our alarms for the gym. He got up before me, as usual, but about three minutes later crawled back into bed saying that he wasn't going to go today. I decided that I should just go ahead and follow his lead and sleep in too.

I went off to work and had a fairly ordinary day. Except I couldn't stop thinking about running. I don't know if it was some sort of runner's high from yesterday or what, but I actually really wanted to go running today. Most times I don't dread it, but I also don't necessarily look forward to it either.

So, I rushed home from work, changed clothes, and headed off to the gymnasium. I guess I haven't been there in a while because they moved the treadmills around! My most favorite treadmill (type and position) has been replaced by one of the fancy-schmancy new treadmills. Eek! All I want is the old treadmill to be placed on the end.

That treadmill in the best location was taken anyway, so I settled for one of the medium-old treadmills. My plan was to run 4 miles as a recovery from yesterday. I ended up doing a bit of a running-walking combo where I ran 0.90 miles and walked the last 0.10. I did that for a total of three miles.

I thought about calling it quits then, but I just had four miles stuck in my head, so I decided to do some pick-ups for the last mile. I did five pick-ups at 10.5. I am actually not quite sure how long they were as I didn't realize until after the second one that the clock was counting down, not up, and it was no wonder I was confused about the timing.

I spent the vast majority of my time on the treadmill telling people who got on the one next to me that it was broken. I found it really fascinating to see who would trust me and believe me without pressing the buttons for themselves and who would have to try it out. I have to say that I'm not sure which camp I'd fall into. Probably depends on the person who told me. Maybe I don't look all that reliable?

Initially my plan for tomorrow was to get up early and run with Terrier, but I'm not 100% sure that will actually happen. I'm on my way to a birthday dinner in Brooklyn and getting up early depends a great deal on when I get home. Plus, truth be told, I looked at the website and they have a short run planned for tomorrow and I could really use a longer one, so it might be in my best interest to do my own thing.

Running
Time: 31:34
Distance 3.00 miles
Pace: 10:30/mile
Calories: 394
Maximum HR: 1191
Average HR: 173

Pick-Ups
Time: 9:55
Distance: 1.00 mile
Pace: 9:55/mile
Calories: 118
Maximum HR: 184
Average HR: 169

1 comment:

  1. Way to go doing a run the day after your first ten miler! And congrats on that too by the way!

    By the way, sorry I've been so MIA from commenting lately. I keep attempting it from my phone and then either the browser crashes or I lose the entire comment and get frustrated and give up.

    ReplyDelete