Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

A Short Slow Swim

This morning I met Laura for a swim. Not surprisingly, we wanted to go to a pool with a hot tub, so we agreed to meet at the 92nd Street Y for a swim. I'll just say right off the bat that I wasn't really in the mood to be awake or to be swimming. And my feelings didn't really change when I got in the pool (which was quite cool!).

I was really mostly pretty lazy while swimming, so this is what I did:

200 swim
200 kick
200 pull
200 breast
200 back
200 swim

1200 yards

Yup. I did 1200 yards. Lazy, lazy, lazy! And I did it really slowly. I thought after doing the first 200 of swimming that maybe I'd get into it once I warmed up, but I really didn't. I also didn't bring a plan with me, which probably didn't help matters any. Instead, I just tried to look at this as a nice recovery from running and giving my muscles a chance to recover a bit.

Of course, we cut our swim a little bit short to spend a couple extra minutes in the hot tub. Always worth it, in my opinion. I'm really not going to get down on myself for my lazy swim today. It probably was a good recovery for me and this weekend is most likely going to be my longest run to date, so I'll hopefully have lots of energy for that!

Swimming
Time: 33:59
Distance: 0.68 miles (1200 yards)
Pace: 49:58/mile
Calories: 284
Maximum HR: 164
Average HR: 138

1 comment:

  1. I agree that not having a plan makes it hard to motivate me for swimming. Running/Biking it's not as big a deal to not have a price plan, because I always have some goal mileage. But with swimming, the back and forth can get a little old.

    ReplyDelete