Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy 100th To Me!

It's my 100th blog post here at Tri Tri Again! It's a little scary and also a little comforting to know that it's still almost 200 days until Timberman!

This morning I got up early and headed off to the gym before Drew did (which is probably one of the first times that's ever happened). In fairness, he did wake up before me, he was just putzing around when I left, which is why I made it there before he did.

I had to finish up my mileage for the week so that I can enjoy myself in Vegas this weekend without having to worry about running or missing out on miles. My goal mileage for the week was supposed to be 24 - 26 miles. In order to get 24, I had to run 5.9 today. I figured I'd just go ahead and run a full 6 miles so that I could really be in the 24 to 26 range at a whopping 24.1 total.

Since my stomach wasn't so happy yesterday with running, I was a little worried today, but I did a much better job yesterday of not having ridiculous amounts of snacks and cookies (I only had one cookie last night!) and today's run went by in a flash. I felt really strong and confident while running, which was the exact opposite of yesterday. Crazy how that proper nutrition stuff really (a) works and (b) makes a difference.

I ran miles 1 through 4 at 6.0 speed and then bumped it up to 6.1 for mile 5 and 6.2 for 0.75 miles of mile 6. The last quarter mile I sprinted to the finish. Seemed like a reasonable and realistic ending to the run. Now I'm just left hoping that today at work goes by as quickly as the running did this morning and there are no flight delays. I'm not even taking workout stuff with me (if you saw the size of my really small suitcase, you'd understand why), so I won't be back running or blogging until next week.

Running
Time: 58:42
Distance: 6.00 miles
Pace: 9:46/mile
Calories: 737
Maximum HR: 185
Average HR: 173

No comments:

Post a Comment