Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Monday Stroll In The Park

This morning we woke up and Drew asked me if I was going to go to the gym. I told him that I didn't want to go to the gym but that I'd do something outside. My plan was to basically do what I did on Saturday. Walk up to the Reservoir, run one loop around, and then walk home. Drew ended up tagging along with me.

Since it was so warm out this morning, I decided that I wanted to try to stay on the Bridle Path for as much of the walk/run as possible since it's much more shaded than the road is. Seemed like the best plan to me. We were walking along and it was more like a stroll in the park than a workout for me, but I didn't really mind. It was nice just to be outdoors and chatting with Drew.

Then we got to the Reservoir Path and I asked if he wanted to stay on the Bridle Path and run around the Reservoir or if wanted to run on the actual Reservoir Path. He chose the real path, which was okay with me, although it's not as shaded. He also decided that he wanted to do two loops, so I told him that he should just go ahead and run at his own pace so that I wouldn't have to wait as long for him once I was done.

I ran my one loop (although I wanted to do two) and then just sat down on a park bench and waited for Drew to be done. And then we walked home after that. Still on the stroll in the park mode, not actual workout mode. I was bummed that I didn't get as good of a workout in as I was hoping -- mainly with the walking. I guess from now on when Drew comes with me I'll have to make it very clear that since this is my main form of cardio right now, I can't really afford to be dilly-dallying around!

Walking/Running
Time: 1:03:16
Distance: 4.60 miles
Pace: 13:45/mile
Calories: 672
Maximum HR: 198
Average HR: 150

No comments:

Post a Comment