Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

And I Ran

This morning Drew told me that he was going to do another brick, but since I was going for a walk, he had to drop his bike off at home before going running. We left the house around the same time, but since he was biking and I was walking, it took us a while before we saw each other again.

I decided to walk north up the west side of the Park so that I could wave to Drew when he rode past. But, secretly, I had a different plan for myself today. I walked myself up to the reservoir path and then I ran one loop around the path. Um, right, so I'm not supposed to be running right now. I know that. But I'm sick of this. And, truth be told, I've run a couple times before. I was just hiding it because I was embarrassed I wasn't playing by the rules.

I've run in small increments, mainly on soft surfaces, and have had no arm pain at all. I've taken this as a sign that doing little bits more is okay. I know, I'm not a doctor, but it's been a month since my arm was broken and aside from some things that I know still hurt my arm, it's fairly normal now. I'm not doing anything crazy and, truthfully, I think I'm preventing myself from going crazy!

So, I did my one reservoir loop and then I walked myself back home. It was definitely a nice morning to be out early getting my run on. So, if you don't agree with my decisions, that's fine. Just avert your eyes for another couple of weeks. Because I still have to wait until June 15 to go back to the doctor!

Walking/Running
Time: 58:32
Distance: 4.60 miles
Pace: 12:43/mile
Calories: 645
Maximum HR: 194
Average HR: 166

1 comment:

  1. I can't blame you for wanting to run. My guess is if there is NO pain then it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you stop the moment you feel any pain - I know for me it would be hard to do but you don't want to set yourself back! Hang in there - just a few weeks left!

    ReplyDelete