Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday After Work

This morning the alarm went off and Drew got up and I didn't. I did, however, pack a bag so that I could go to the gym after work today. Which is what I did. I really wasn't feeling it when I got there and my legs are a little tired after yesterday's run and weight lifting (no big surprise). So, I decided to do some fake running (a.k.a. the elliptical machine).

I picked some sort of interval program and just started moving my legs. I mostly concentrated on reading my book instead of concentrating on my workout. I forgot to bring my watch and HR monitor strap, so I don't have any fancy data today. That meant that I had to remember my distance and time. Frankly, the reason I stopped when I did was that it was a perfect trifecta. I had finished a chapter of my book and the miles and minutes were both even. Seemed like the best reason to get off the machine that I could think of.

I finished up with some stretching and headed home for dinner. I definitely don't love going to the gym at night, but since I wasn't lifting, it really wasn't too bad today since I just got on my machine and stayed there the whole time.

Elliptical
Time: 38:40
Distance: 3.10 miles
Pace: 12:28/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment