Monday, June 28, 2010

Decision Making Time

Well, I've finally come to a decision about Timberman. I'm not going to be doing this year's race. It was a tough call for me because I think I could do it, but I don't think I should do it. I'm frustrated with myself, but as my mom keeps saying, "You broke your arm, Amy!" I feel so sad that I won't get to meet Kristin, so I'll have to settle for living vicariously through her long workouts leading up to the race!

A couple of people have commented that I should set my sights on a 70.3 race later in the season. Unfortunately, because of my job, that's not a real possibility for me. It's pretty much August or earlier as I can't take any vacation starting September 1 until the New Year. So, there will be no 70.3 for me in 2010.

Thanks to everyone for the support and hanging in there with me while I complained about my predicament. I'm 99% sure I'll be doing the New York City triathlon on July 18. I'm sure that I won't be fast, but I'm always in this for the fun, so I know that if I go in with the right mindset, I'll have a blast.

After New York, I'm not sure what my plan will be. I'm hoping to get through that race and then re-evaluate. I think I'm going to work on building up my base, but don't quote me on that if I decide to become a lazy bum again. Of course, no matter what, I'll be blogging about all the ups and downs!


  1. Sorry to hear that Timberman is out. Only you know your body. Perhaps you can see how you are doing after NYC then reevaluate? There is always next year! And you still got to do Alcatraz this year!

  2. Too bad you won't be able to do this race. Good luck w/ the NYC race.

    Maybe a fall marathon??