Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Up Before The Alarm

This morning I had agreed to meet our friend Eric at the gymnasium. When I asked him last night if he wanted to meet, I was a little bit upset that he said yes, but I knew that it'd be really good motivation to get up and out of bed! Apparently it was because I had set my alarm for 5:30 and I woke up at 5:20 on my own. I almost never wake up early like that, so it was a big surprise to me. Of course, I didn't get up then, I snoozed for a few more minutes, but I left for the gym at 5:57, so it was still an early morning.

I was actually sort-of looking forward to this morning because I really wanted to try out my brand new bike shorts that I got yesterday. And, since I had it, I also wore one of my new workout tops. Oh, and new socks too. Somehow having new stuff makes it all more fun.

So, I headed off to the gym and got myself a computerized spin bike. I was really excited to try out my new shorts. I have to say that they made the ride a lot more enjoyable, even though I was sweating buckets. The funny thing is that I was wearing the new UnderArmour shirt that I got yesterday (the pink one) and I wasn't sure if I would really like it or not while I was at the store. Drew told me that he really likes all of his stuff by them (I didn't have any of their stuff) and today when Eric got to the gym, he said I looked really cute! So, I guess it was a good purchase in the end!

The ride itself today was fine. I did a different setting than I had been doing, but I think it's all pretty much the same stuff. Today I used "Intervals" instead of "Race Day" and I still did it on Level 7. I'm not sure I really noticed a difference from one to the other, but I also wasn't listening to the guy who talks to you on the computer. I was just reading the instructions on the screen.

I think that I'll be really happy with these new shorts, but I'm just hoping that I don't spoil myself by wearing them and then will be unhappy when I go back to tri shorts on my regular bike!

Time: 48:03
Distance: 15.4 miles
Pace: 19.23 MPH (average)
Calories: 477
Maximum HR: 163
Average HR: 149

No comments:

Post a Comment