Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Being A Wimp

It got cold here in New York.  And I don't like it.  I'm really being a big wimp about it and don't want to go running outside in the cold.  It's just the idea of putting on so many clothes, going running, getting hot, coming home all just seems like too much effort.  And extra laundry.  I know that I have to get over this ... quickly.  I mean, I'm running a marathon outdoors in two and a half weeks and I'm pretty sure it's not going to get any warmer. 

So, in the spirit of being a wimp, I didn't get up this morning and go running outside.  Instead I packed a bag to go running at lunch at the gym.  Totally wimpy, I know.  I'm not overly proud of it, but I have to say that I'm glad I at least went running instead of skipping it all together, which was what I actually wanted to do. 

I started out running at 5.8 pace for a mile, then 5.9 pace for a mile, then 6.0 pace for a mile and then I played around with the speed, getting up to 8.0 at the end for the next 0.75 miles.  I decided to use the last 0.25 miles to try to cool down a bit, so I walked at a 4.0 pace. 



Really, I think the lesson from today is that not all runs have to be a big deal, but I'm really glad that I didn't wimp out and skip it entirely.  And I really am going to get out there and brave the cold ... maybe even tomorrow! 

Running
Time: 41:07
Distance: 4.00 miles
Pace: 10:16/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment