Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

I Thought You Were Sleeping!

Last night Drew asked me if I wanted him to make sure that I got up and went to the gym this morning. I said yes, but that I would want to sleep in longer than he would because he likes to putz around more in the morning. I'm more of a sleep-in until the last minute and then put on clothes and run out the door kind of girl. So, when his alarm went off at 5:15, I was glad I'd be able to sleep for a few more minutes. He did come upstairs around 5:45 and I told him that he could go ahead and go to the gym and I'd just meet him there.

So, like usual, I kept sleeping. Unlike usual, I did finally get up and go to the gym. I wasn't planning on lifting today (I'm thinking I'll finally finish up my weight lifting book at the end of this week), so all I wanted to do was some quick cardio to prove to myself that I really am getting back into the swing of things. I'd also like to tell myself that I'm going to brave the really cold temperatures that we're having in NYC tomorrow morning and go running with the Terriers, so I decided not to get back on the treadmill today.

Instead, I opted to do the arc trainer. Full disclosure: I really wanted to finish my (overdue) library book and the arc trainer is a pretty good way to do that. When I got to the gym, I figured that Drew was in the weight room and that I'd see him soon enough. After a little while, I noticed him on one of the spin bikes, but he couldn't see me (the beauty of mirrors at the gym!).

I did 35 minutes on the arc trainer and then got off to stretch before heading home. While I was stretching, Drew came over to the stretching area to do some of his own stretching and he said that he thought I was just probably still sleeping since he hadn't realized that I was at the gym. I felt pretty proud of myself that although this wasn't a great workout by any stretch of the imagination, it was better than sleeping in and it made me feel better! Now if I can just talk myself into running outside in the cold tomorrow morning it'll be a really good start to the year!

Arc Trainer
Time: 35:00
Distance: 1.06 miles
Pace: 33:01/mile
Calories: 352
Maximum HR: 164
Average HR: 152

No comments:

Post a Comment